Saturday, May 29, 2010

Carbon Bike Frame Project: Part 4 | Making the Replica!!


Picture taken by my supplier for me to review the paint job

After much delay and corresponding with China Supplier, finally i decide to go ahead with ordering the frame. I managed to get a Cannondale Supersix fork from eBay. The fork is white and red, therefore decided to make a replica with it.


Frame with Cannondale Super Six

Cant wait to just put both the fork and frame together. Fork from USA while frame from China. Irony.. They fit each other well! Was abit disappointed with the paint job. They only coat it with one layer, a slight knock on it will chip/scrap the paint away.



Frame with custom reflective decals

How can it be a replica without decals.. Ask my friend whom is specialized in making decals, MZ Decals. Very pleased with his workmanship and fast delivery. I was expecting 1 week, yet he told me it will be done in 1 day. But i decided not to rush the job and in the end waited for only 2 days! Reflective decals, hopefully now cars will not have excuses to say they cant see me!

Finally frame is almost done. Left the cutting of seat tube and steerer tube. Will be looking for the groupset, wheels and contact points.


Adrenalin Pumping
C Cube

No comments: