Saturday, May 29, 2010

Carbon Bike Frame Project: Part 3.5 | Inspiring Bike Brand

This post is nothing to do with the progression of my carbon bike project. Just to share this blog, which records the process of them sourcing, designing and testing the own brand.

http://velocitebikes.blogspot.com

Designed bike frames for road made of all 3 common materials, aluminum, titanium and carbon. Namely their Selene, Millennium, Helios, Magnus and MTB frame, Flux.

Selection of wheels tubular and clincher version, aluminum and carbon rim of different width. Many more.. Slowly go through their posts, especially from first post.

Had been sourcing my carbon frame from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Hence somehow see the similarity of their products and the OEM frames. No much different. But from their post, i learn what to look out for and how to test my OEM suppliers.

Asking technical question (which answer might not make sense to you) is a good way to filter out the supplier, asking for quality pictures etc.. Fortunately the supplier which i have been corresponding is able to provide me these information without much hesitation, without throwing the questions back to me.

From these at least you can tell they know their products. Even if they don't, and the information are faked to me, at least they are prepared for such questions. Some pictures sent to me by the suppliers


BB, Head Tube and Dropout Stress Test

Matte Finish

Currently what the supplier is able to offer me is the above frame ( mine is ISP). Seems like the exact copy of the Trek Madone. However i don't really like the fork design, not fierce enough! Sourcing out other suppliers and monthly email the supplier if there is any new fork design.

From the picture and frame drawing, the rear seat stay is only 1 cm thick! Damn scary to ride on it. But consider Cervelo having the same thickness and my bike-look ego doesn't allow me to lose out on it. haha!

Stay Tuned For More Updates
C Cube

No comments: